Every day, physicians make a difference for their patients. They advocate, save lives, provide treatment and offer hope. And many have a desire to do even more.
In 2019, Beacon Health Foundation created the Physician Philanthropy Council (PPC). Members of this physician-only giving group support initiatives impacting at-risk and vulnerable patients, associates and local communities in meaningful and measurable ways.
Since its inception, PPC members have collectively committed more than $320,000 and supported 30+ initiatives. Below are just a few examples of what they’ve supported to date:
- BABE Store: This unique store is part of a comprehensive incentive program. It gives parents and parents-to-be the ability to earn and redeem coupons for child-related items such as car seats, diapers, wipes, formula, toys, furniture, clothes and more.
- Car Seat Safety Program
- Dedicated Active Dads Program: A free, weekly group where all fathers are welcome to discuss fatherhood in a safe space. Classes include free resources, food and giveaways.
- SHINE (Supporting Health in Negative Events) Program: A multi-disciplinary forum where associates can discuss social and emotional issues that arise following traumatic cases, when caring for patients and working in the healthcare setting.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Family Support Groups
- Lodging for trauma patient families
- Early literacy program at E. Blair Warner Family Practice
- In-Home Attendant Care Pilot Program
- 3rd Year Resident’s Capstone Project
- Transportation Vouchers for Underserved Patients
- Nursing Certifications
- Community Health Worker Training and Certifications
To learn more about the growing impact of the PPC, and how you can become a member, please contact Jessica Benko at email@example.com or 647-3334.